The Paris Climate Change Agreement was a historic global accord signed in 2015 with the aim of keeping a global temperature rise this century well below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase even further to 1.5 degrees Celsius. This agreement was celebrated as a major step in the fight against climate change and received widespread support from leaders around the world. Here are some quotes from key figures regarding the Paris Climate Change Agreement:
1. “What we have achieved in Paris is not enough, but it is the first step in the right direction. It sends a signal to the global community that we are serious about tackling climate change.” – Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General
2. “The Paris agreement is a triumph for people, the planet, and multilateralism. It is a victory for all of the planet and for future generations. We have written history today.” – French President François Hollande
3. “The Paris agreement is a turning point in the world`s climate change efforts. It sets out a clear goal to limit temperature rises and provides a framework for action going forward. It sends a message to businesses and investors that the future is in low carbon, and it sends a message to governments that they must act now to make this future a reality.” – Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
4. “The Paris agreement is an historic step forward. Its ambitious goals will not be achieved overnight, but they represent progress towards a safer, healthier, and more prosperous future for all.” – Barack Obama, former President of the United States
5. “The Paris agreement is a great achievement for the international community. The challenge now is to turn promises into action. We need to work together to implement the agreement and address the pressing issue of climate change.” – Angela Merkel, German Chancellor
These quotes demonstrate the significance of the Paris Climate Change Agreement and the determination of world leaders to work together to combat climate change. It is encouraging to see such strong support for this global initiative, which offers hope for a more sustainable future. As we move forward, it is important to remain committed to the goals of the Paris agreement and to take action to reduce our carbon footprint on a global scale.